With the same blue color as the sky, Blue Topaz has become the favorite gemstone of the girls, especially for those elements are Wood and Water. The clear blue color of Topaz jewelry not only helps the girls become more gentle but also brings peace to their spirit. And like many other types of jewelry, Topaz stone needs to be carefully preserved and cleaned regularly.
Origin and benefit of Topaz stone
Topaz gemstones are derived from Topazos – meaning stone of blue sky. Because Topaz stone is first found to have a transparent blue color similar to the color of the sky. And this name still follows days after although many other Topaz colors were found later: honey, yellow, pink, orange, red, …
Like other gemstones, Topaz stone helps bring peace and emotional conditioning to the wearer. According to the feng-shui concept, Topaz stone also brings luck to the people of the Water and Wood element. That is the reason why blue Topaz jewelry is loved and used every day.
Preserve Topaz stone jewelry
In the Mohs scale of hardness, Topaz rock is rated at level 8. However, Topaz is easy to crack in half according to the rock formation structure because its characteristic is sandy. Therefore, when using Topaz jewelry, you should remember the following things:
– Do not let Topaz stone jewelry be contaminated with bleaches, softeners, or strong detergents to avoid affecting the stone structure.
– Do not wear Topaz stone jewelry when doing hard exercise.
– Let’s Topaz stay away from all the forms of hair dye, curling, … because it will make Topaz jewelry dull.
– Do not wear jewelry when you go to the beach or swimming pool. Chlorine in swimming pools or seawater can discolor the stone.
– You can clean Topaz jewelry at home with a dilute hand sanitizer and gently wipe with a soft cloth on the stone surface and jewelry to keep it shiny. Do it regularly 2-3 a week and this will make your Topaz jewelry shiny for a long time.
We hope through this article, you get a better knowledge of how to preserve your Topaz jewelry!